Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Working With Fatigue And/Or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a quick fix, if you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and/or suffer with Fatigue – please, Consult with your Medical Practitioner or Health Professional. What works for one person may not work for another. I have shared my findings as what worked for me personally. I take no responsibility in what others do with my writings. My findings are based on intensive personal research. I am not stating that CFS and/or Fatigue are directly linked to being an empath. These are my personal observations only.

Working with Fatigue and/or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Empaths tend to experience fatigue fluctuating throughout their lives that range from mild to extreme, from manageable to out of control. A survey of 53 empaths taken between August and October 2002 on the Universal Empath website found that 92% experienced some kind of fatigue related to being overwhelmed with the emotions of others. It can become almost crippling to one’s ability to flow in life. With the amount of energy that empaths are susceptible to in others, it is no surprise that their own levels of energy go up and down.

Fatigue in the general population occurs more often than many might think. Women are most noticeably recognized as sufferers of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I have met so many who have experienced fatigue in varying degrees. Mothers give so much of themselves to raising their families that they often neglect taking care of themselves. Fathers, too, can be neglectful in eating and drinking water regularly on the job and overworking. It may be surprising to some that both men and women get CFS.

In discussing CFS with the women I have met, the common denominators stand out: Lack of a nutritional diet, inadequate water intake, lack of necessary vitamins and minerals, lack of adequate exercise and an inability to get a good night's sleep, amongst others. The empath's brain needs “food” to function to handle the incredible amounts of “energy” received and processed.

The need to take care of one’s health becomes paramount, and a great deal of dedication is required to pull oneself out of a dive into fatigue and up into vibrant health. For those who do know fatigue firsthand, they can appreciate the fact that the effort required to “get up” can be incredible, at times-- even seeming unbearable. However, it is possible. A change of diet and self-care, as well as improving the mindset, may help in many cases.

When I had CFS, I changed a few things in my personal health care. Not only did my energy improve, but also the changes were part and parcel in helping me manage the daily fatigue I experienced. I called on the professional help and guidance of my family doctor, and the support and understanding of my family, who walked with me all the way. Today, I am fatigued only on rare occasions.

Here are some of the changes that I made:

HERBS AND SUPPLEMENTS

Herbs and supplements improved mild depression, bolstered the immune system and improved overall health. Speak to your Local Health Store Professional and/or Medical Practitioner for what is best suited for you.

WATER

Adequate water is essential to continuing health. You can use bottled or fresh. I dropped the caffeine to two cups a day and replaced it with water. Start with a glass as soon as you wake. It fills you and gets your metabolism working. Drink, drink, drink, drink, and drink! Drink plenty of water EVERY day.

You may be interested in checking out this fascinating link about water and the human psyche:
Miraculous Messages from Water.

NUTRITION

A healthy eating plan is a cornerstone to maintaining your energy levels. Eat a balanced diet in consultation with a Nutritionist and/or your Medical Practitioner.

EXERCISE

Daily exercise restores the body’s energy. There are so many ways to exercise: walking, jogging, and/or a planned gym workout, sailing , Tai Chi or Yoga Classes…and more. Find what helps you feel energetic and refreshed--in consultation with your Medical Practitioner.

MEDITATION

For many empaths, meditation is an area that can be very beneficial, yet is one of the difficult to adopt because learning to "still the mind" can appear impossible. There are so many varieties of meditation available that it can take a concerted effort to find one that is suitable. Dedication, persistence and practicing this timeless art will produce excellent results. Check out your local guide for classes in Meditation, browse the Internet for what's available, and/or chat with friends who meditate to ask for tips.

REST & SLEEP

Incorporating a regular daily nap, day or night, replenishes the body. Being conscious of one's energy level throughout the day may help to find a pattern forming of when fatigue begins to set in. Many empaths, along with many others, tend to have a decrease of energy between mid afternoon and early evening. Learning to listen to the physical body, taking a quick nap, or using this time to meditate can help renew your energy levels. A restful period of 20-30 minutes can be effective, especially if one is consistent. When just beginning to encourage your ability to take naps, you may find an affirmation helpful. You can program the mind into accepting a short nap by using an affirmation such as "I sleep restfully for 30 minutes. When I awake, I am completely refreshed and my energy is fully replenished."

RESEARCH

Researching online and in books can be a tremendous benefit as everyone has unique needs.

SUPPORT

It is possible to take your research to your Medical Practitioner and/or Nutritionist and work in unison with them in developing a comprehensive plan for your self-care. A family doctor can keep track of your progress and advise you as you work for changes that alleviate the fatigue.

When I took control of the CFS, I was insistent on taking and doing the things I mentioned above for several months. Today, I listen to my body. There are clear physical signs that fatigue is rolling in. I rest when I am tired, do not wait until I am overtired, or push myself to extremes. Meditation daily helps me to fully relax my mind, body and soul, and helps to revitalize my energy. I find it is essential for me to be conscious of my diet and, most importantly, take action immediately to replenish my energy levels at the first sign of fatigue.

Copyright © 2002 Christel Broederlow
Edited Annie Bush M.A. 2002
Working With Fatigue And/Or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
By Christel Broederlow
Edited Annie Bush M.A.

3 comments:

  1. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is known as a medical disorder which generates a long-lasting exhaustion, body pain and total deficiency of strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete